Monday, April 21, 2008

Focal Black and White

Here is one photograph of my daughter that I absolutely love. The lighting was extraordinary and her expression is pricless. When I took this picture I didn't know that it would turn out this good. It was just one of those accidental jems. The photo on the bottom I have edited focal black and white. I haven't bought a good picture editing program yet. The only one I have right now is that free one you can download from the web: Picasa. The focal black and white feature on Picasa only gives you a circular area to select with. Eventually I'd like to get a program that lets you draw around edges and also lets you select more than one area to keep color. Right now I can't do eyes, unless the photo is a person's side view, because I would need to be able to select two areas. If anyone knows of a free program, for now, that does these things please leave a comment on this entry letting me know where to find it. I would really appreciate it. Anyway, for now, this is the best I can do...just blur the edges of my selection...so it's harder to see that I can't select around the specific shape of the flower. If I had a better program, I would have probably left her lips in color as well.

No comments: