Monday, April 21, 2008

Introduction and Special Thanks

This blog is actually my second on Blogger. I decided to create it for the sole purpose of journal-ing my picture taking. I wanted to make a seperate place for pictures so I don't just stockpile a bunch of them on my other blog "With All my Love, Mommy", which is really more about the writing and updates on the children. But there are so many more pictures that I would love to share, so I thought a second blog would be the perfect way to pursue that.

I have developed an interest in picture taking that goes a little beyond snapshots on a disposable. I am no expert, believe me. I have a lot to learn and I don't have the proper equiptment to be a professional. That, I am not! But I hope to be someday, LORD willing.

This blog will be a little web album of my progress...mostly for my benefit, but also for the reason of sharing with family and friends.

On that subject, I'd like to take a moment to mention a few people...
Aunt Diane, who is a phenomonal Nature Photographer and who has encouraged me and given me advice.
Pat Fidler, a good friend who is very talented, and has worked her way to being an absolutely awesome Family Life Photographer. See her @ patfidler.com.
And my dear friend and sister, Christie, (I love and miss you a lot), who takes georgeous pictures of her children in the yard and such...and who gets questioned at the Walmart Photocenter beacause they think, surely she must be trying to illegaly reprint "Proffessional Shoot" pictures. The fact is, she is just really good. So as annoying as it must be to be questioned, it's actually somewhat of a compliment, I'd say!

To all of you, I hope to someday follow in your very talented footsteps.

I would also like to take a moment to thank my father-in-law and my precious husband, who have a great deal of faith in me, and who have prodded me to use my ability on a proffessional level. I love you both. Dad, the first picture (large black and white at the top) is for you. I know it is your favorite.

And last, but not at all least, my Savior, who graciously bestowed on me any talent I poses, to whom I give due praise for the ability to use it, and who is the one solely responsible for anything of worth on this page.

Thank you everyone for taking time to view my photography!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alina,
These are so precious. I am soooo glad you enjoy taking pictures. This is truley a God given gift!!
Love you
Mom

Patty Jo said...

Love your blog Alina. Great job!